Healthy Snacks to Ease a Sweet Tooth•
Posted on March 05 2022
We have some good news for anyone out there who struggles to stick to healthy snacks while also trying to satisfy their sweet tooth!
You don’t have to deny your cravings for sweets to live a healthy lifestyle; you just need to commit to changing the way you eat your sweets!
Put down all of the processed candy, the rich bakery cakes and all of the packaged cookes and start getting your fix through healthy and sweet snacks from wholesome foods like fruits, nuts and dark chocolates. We have put together a list of healthy, yet sweet snacks that also happen to pack a nutritional and energizing punch!
There is nothing worse than the fear of eating sweet snacks and having that lingering thought of getting cavities! The Dirt creates all-natural, well designed and effective oral healthcare products that are sure to keep cavities out of your pearly whites! See below which products are great at keeping cavities out of your mouths all while enjoying those sweets!
Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough
Do you want the secret ingredient that makes this cookie dough taste like the real deal? An entire can of chickpeas! It gives the dough a nice creamy texture, and you will have no idea that it is in there! Check out the recipe below!
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1/3 cup 60% cacao chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Place in a paper towel, dry off. If some of the skins start to come off, peel them off and discard. (this will help the cookie dough not be as gritty)
- Add chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup and cinnamon to a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add the ground chia seeds to the food processor. (to grind chia seeds add them to a coffee bean grinder or a mortar and pestle) Blend until everything is combined.
- Add chickpea cookie dough mixture to a small bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately.
*** Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. ***
Cashew Coconut Date Rolls
These cashew coconut date rolls make for a quick and energizing snack when you need a quick pick me up! These are simple, yet delicious snacks that are a perfect sweet snack for the morning, afternoon and yes, even at night!
Ing14 large soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 Tablespoons/30g raw cashew butter
- 2 Tablespoons/30g coconut oil (at room temperature)
- The seeds from half a vanilla bean
- A good pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup/28g raw cashews, finely chopped
- Unsweetened shredded organic coconut for rolling
- Place dates, cashew butter, coconut oil, vanilla bean seeds and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth and mixture starts to come into a ball. Stir in chopped cashews and place in the fridge to firm for 10 minutes.
- Using lightly greased hands roll date mixture into a long rope and cut into bite sized pieces. Place shredded coconut in a shallow dish and roll each date log completely in the coconut.
- Serve immediately or place in the fridge to firm and enjoy chilled.
- Date rolls will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for at least 2 weeks.
Peanut Butter Apple Dip
This dip should be a staple in every person’s diet! This dip is the simplest to make and tastes absolutely delicious and is certainly capable of easing that sweet tooth!
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- Mix all of the ingredients together and enjoy!
Gingerbread Energy Bites
These energy balls are seasoned with molasses, cinamon, ginger, nutmeg and even cloves to make them taste just like gingerbread! Even if it is not the holiday season, these are a great treat that will be sure to not only give you the pick me up you need energy wise, but also sweet wise!
- 1 cup pitted dates, about 12
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 oz. dark chocolate, to drizzle, optional
- Roughly chop the pitted dates and add them to a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend until they’re broken down into small bits or paste.
- Add the toasted pecans, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves and pulse until combined. The pecans should be in small bits- be careful not to over-process or the oils will start to separate. If this happens, just dab off the excess oil with a paper towel.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Finely chop the dark chocolate and melt in the microwave. Place the melted chocolate into a zip bag or piping bag, snip the corner and drizzle over the energy balls. Let the chocolate harden.
The Dirt prides itself on only using all-natural and effective ingredients such as:
- Essential oils
- Bentonite clay
- Coconut oil
There are no fillers, artificial ingredients, soy or any other chemicals and products you do not want to eat or ingest. The following products are strongly recommended!
Toothpowder is an all-natural alternative to toothpaste! Our powder is made with ingredients so safe you could eat them! A blend of clay, herbs, and essential oils that cleans teeth without harsh chemicals or artificial flavors. Antioxidant rich herbs help to fight cell damage as well as helping to remove plaque and tartar that are sure to cause cavities.
3-5 times a week, swish a cap full for 5-20 minutes as the oils of sesame and coconut will coax a host of terrible toxins from your teeth and gums, all while you savor sea buckthorn and Essential Oils. While our blend is safe to swallow, we recommend spitting the oil out into the toilet after pulling, since it'll be full of all the bacteria and junk you're trying to get rid of.
Don’t be that person who forgets to floss between meals and end up with plaque build-up between your pearly whites! This will be sure to save you from having cavities between your teeth! Our plastic free, silk floss with mint essential oils will be sure to remove any lingering food particles and plaque that is slowly building up!